Guidelines of Use
You must agree to the following terms and conditions (Terms) when using Trove. Acknowledgement is achieved by using the ‘tick’ button the Trove log-in screen.
1. You must keep your username and password confidential. Please do not share your login information with your child, or any other person. There is parent-specific information within the Trove that should not be available to students. In addition, you will be able to provide information, authorise and consent to items within the Trove, and this authority should not be delegated to your child or any other person. You are entirely responsible if you do not maintain the confidentiality of your password and username. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any content you upload to Trove, and all activities that occur under your login name. You may change your password at any time. You agree to immediately notify Pembroke School of any unauthorised use of your login name or any other breach of security known to you.
2. By logging into Trove, you acknowledge that you are duly authorised by Pembroke School to access Trove. Users will not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Trove or go beyond their authorised access. This includes attempting to login to Trove through another person’s account.
3. Pembroke School reserves the right to monitor, inspect, copy, review and store at any time, and without prior notice, any and all usage of Trove and any and all information transmitted or received in connection with such usage. All such information files shall be and remain the property of Pembroke School.
4. Pembroke School may remove any content uploaded by you or terminate your ability to access Trove at any time, in its sole discretion, for any reason without prior notice or explanation, and without any form of liability whatsoever to you or any other person.
5. While Pembroke School takes all due care in ensuring the privacy and integrity of the information you provided, the possibility exists that this information could be unlawfully observed by a third party while in transit over the Internet or while stored on Pembroke School's systems or on Trove. Pembroke School disclaims all liability to you to the greatest extent possible pursuant to law should this occur.
6. To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event shall Pembroke School, its employees, officers, representatives and directors be liable to you for any loss of revenue, lost management time, savings, contracts, investment, goodwill, data, or penalties, fines, or for special, indirect or exemplary damages, costs, expenses, or losses (including without limitation for negligence) arising from:
(a) your use of Trove;
(b) any content submitted to Trove by you; and
(c) any breach by you of these Terms, including but not limited to the representations and warranties made by you and set out in these Terms.
8. These Terms, as modified from time to time, will apply for so long as you have a username to access Trove, and will continue in full force and effect after you cease to be entitled to access Trove under this document.
9. Any legal issues arising out of these Terms and the use of Trove will be governed by the laws of South Australia, and by using Trove you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of that State.
10. The School Photographs and Video Policy has been updated (clause 7.1) to allow for the inclusion of School Publications on the School website. Permission for the School to use photographs or video including your child/ren remain per your latest advice (if provided), however you can update these permissions at any time via My Account in the top menu of Trove.